Safe mode in windows 7
- Category: KnowledgeBase
- Published: Tuesday, 08 September 2015 08:26
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 3364
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows 7 Advanced Boot Optionsscreen as shown in the image below. If you see the windows logo then you will need to restart and try again. If it was a Dell pc then as soon as you see the Dell logo you would start pressing the F8 key.
Windows 7 Advanced Boot Options screen
- Using the arrow keys, select the Safe Mode option you want.
- Safe mode with networking may allow us to connect remotely to your machine when it is in this special diagnostic mode so this is the option we will most likely have you select
- Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Windows 7 Safe Mode with Networking.
- When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Windows 7 will enter Safe mode.
- Do whatever tasks you require, and when you are done, reboot to go back into normal mode.
- If you need to do a system restore you will be prompted after logging on to choose to go into system restore.